Terms & Conditions
Use of website
In these terms and conditions, 'we' 'us' and 'our' refers to Sweet Things by Caroline (ABN 45 783 265 826; PO Box 6056, Herne Hill, Victoria, Australia, 3218).
- Your use of this website establishes that you agree to comply with our terms and conditions (Terms), and your acknowledgement that you are bound by these Terms.
- These Terms may be modified or terminated by us at any time.
- Continued use of this website by you will establish your acceptance of any modification or the termination of these Terms.
- If you do not agree with these Terms, please do not use this website.
- We strive to ensure that our product list is current and all products are described as accurately as possible on our website. Where we become aware of any errors or omissions, we reserve the right to correct these descriptions.
- Images have been provided for demonstrative purposes only. Due to differences in screen displays, we do not guarantee that the product you receive will be the exact colour of the image of that product as viewed on our website. As all of our products are hand made, there may also be slight variations between the products you receive and images of the same products on our website.
- All of our prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and transactions are also processed in AUD. Our prices do not include GST, as Sweet Things by Caroline is not registered for GST at this time.
- We endeavour to ensure that our price list is current, however we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
- When purchasing from Sweet Things by Caroline, card details are transmitted through a secure server using eWAY. Card data is not hosted by Sweet Things by Caroline after processing.
Refer to our Shipping page
Changing or cancelling your order
- Please contact us immediately if you require making a change to, or cancelling, your order made through our online shop. Please note changes to your order may result in delayed delivery. Once we have dispatched your order, we are unable to make any changes to, or cancel, your order.
Significant changes to custom orders can only be made prior to the commencement of production. Once production has commenced, minor changes or additions may be possible, at our discretion.
Returns and Refunds
- Please choose carefully; our refund policy does not cover products that you no longer want, ordered by mistake, or simply don’t like the taste of. Where products have been wrongly described or are different to the product purchased on the website, you can choose between a refund, exchange or credit.
- If there is a problem with your order, please contact us immediately; products will not be refunded if they are returned to us without prior approval. We can be contacted via telephone between 9.00am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday on 0434 207 681. Alternatively you may email us with a detailed description of the problem (with relevant photographs) to email@example.com; please also provide a contact phone number in your email so we can call you to discuss the issue.
- We may ask that you return the product you have an issue with (at your expense) for a full or partial refund.
- All risk of loss or damage to your ordered products passes to you when we dispatch your order. While we package your chocolates and biscuits safely, and every effort is made to ensure they arrive in the same condition as they are sent, we have no control over weather conditions or how parcels are handled during transport, therefore cannot guarantee the condition in which they will arrive to you. To decrease the likelihood of your products being exposed to extreme temperatures, please provide a delivery address where someone will be present upon delivery.
- Sweet Things by Caroline will not accept liability for any loss or damage caused to any person due to late delivery, whether this be a result of delay caused by Australia Post, or any other event which is out of our control. This includes, but is not limited to, us being provided with an incorrect delivery address.
- If at the time of return we are unable to replace or exchange a returned product, we will provide a refund to your credit card for the amount of the returned product, including a percentage of packaging and postage charges, relevant to that item.
- Cancellation of custom orders after production has commenced, or specialty items for your order have been purchased by us, will result in you forfeiting your deposit.
- This website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content, maintenance, or privacy compliance of any of these linked websites.
- Any link from our website does not indicate our sponsorship or endorsement of the operator of the linked website, or the products, services or information detailed on their website.
- To link your website to our website, you must obtain our consent.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The copyright to all of the content on this website belongs to us or we have a licence to use these materials. This includes, but is not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, icons, logos, product names, entity names (including company and business names) and the design/layout of the website (Content).
- All brands and logos which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not permit you to use these marks in any commercial way without first obtaining our written permission.
- You may view and/or print a copy of whole pages of this website for your own personal use only. You must not otherwise use, publish, licence, modify, incorporate into another website or reproduce in any way any of the Content on this website without our written consent.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (‘Comments’) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. By providing these Comments through our website, you are consenting to us using your Comments to promote our website, or in any other way, without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments. Use of your Comments may be for either commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- If you provide us with Comments, you verify that you are responsible for the content of your Comments including their legality, originality and copyright.
- You will be liable for any damages sustained by us and/or any other person as a result of you violating the Terms.
- While we take all reasonable steps to supply accurate and up-to-date information, we do not guarantee that any information contained in or made available through this website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. We assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this website or such other materials or communications.
- This website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of this website is at your own risk. We and our affiliates disclaim all warranties. Neither we nor our affiliates shall be liable for any damages of any kind due to the use of this website.
- We take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus or other malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which occurs as a result of you using our website or any linked website.
- We collect information from you when you place an order through our online shop, and when you contact us.
- In order for us to provide you with our products or services, you may be asked to enter personal details such as your name, telephone number, email address and/or mailing address, as well as comments or feedback. If you would prefer that we do not collect such information, please do not provide it to us. Should you decide not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services that you require, should these depend on the collection of that information (e.g. your mailing address for delivery of products).
- Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk, and in doing so, you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware. However, we undertake all reasonable efforts to protect any information that you provide to us when accessing our website.
- Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To deliver your order to you;
- To improve customer service and personalise your experience;
- To send periodic emails (if you wish to unsubscribe from our emails at any time, instructions as to how to do so are included at the bottom of each email).
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal information to other organisations. However, we may provide your personally identifiable information to our service providers who assist us in servicing you (e.g. your address to Australia Post or other delivery companies).
- If you choose to provide us with your contact information (e.g. by placing an order, or submitting a form via our contact us page), we may contact you to respond to product questions or concerns that you may express, in order to provide as high a level of customer service as we are able to.
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personally identifiable information that we hold is accurate. You may contact us at any time to ask for us to correct it if you feel that what we have on record is inaccurate or incomplete.
- We may be required to release your information if it is appropriate to comply with laws, regulations, legal processes or government requests, to enforce our site Terms, or protect others or our rights, property or safety. We may also need to provide personally identifiable information to other companies or organisations to protect against credit fraud.
These Terms & Conditions were last modified on 20/09/16